WE ASKED CATCH'S SCIENTIFIC ADVISORS:
CATCH is set in a near future world, where antibiotic resistance has made antibiotics useless. Although that is a real potential future, we can work now to stop that future from happening.
There are lots of simple things we can all do to try to avoid the post-antibiotic future portrayed in CATCH:
- Always wash your hands when handling and preparing food to avoid cross-contamination, especially between raw and ready-prepared food.
- Never pressure your doctor for antibiotics, as antibiotics can only treat bacterial infections. Antibiotics won't cure viral infections, like a cold!
- Never take unprescribed antibiotics.
- Always finish your prescribed course of antibiotics. Never stop taking your antibiotics before the course is finished as prescribed - even if you feel better, see it through to the end.
- Raise awareness about the issue of antibiotic resistance, and what we can do to combat it. Talk to your friends, your family, your colleagues, and your local politicians!
Follow the links below for more information on what you can do to help: